Friday, July 19, 2013

Book Reviews: Shadowhunters and Downworlders


Title: Shadowhunters and Downworlders: A Mortal Instruments Reader
Companion to: the Mortal Instruments
Publisher: Smartpop
Lucia's rating: 3.5/5

An arc of this story was provided by NetGalley in exchange of a honest review. 

If you’ve been reading the Mortal Instruments for any length of time, you know that only two things are certain: Dead doesn’t necessarily mean dead, and you never know whose blood is going to wind up running through your veins.

3.5 stars. 

I'm not quite sure how to describe this book as. I mean, it was great and everything. But I felt the short stories lack a bit of interest for me as a reader. Let's be honest here. 

I don't know whether I liked it or loved it even my favorite book characters (mind you they are fictitious) were in the book and I found it just.. lacking. 

However, this might give the reader extras about the characters living their lives without fighting or hunting demons and it might be great. I'm just a bit confused and glad that I didn't spend my money on this even though my love for Clary Fray will never die. 

I like my choices and decision. It was okay for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment